Board index » English Forums » Announcement & Information  » Important information re. the upgrade to TrainController 10

[ 3 posts ]
Author
 Post subject: Important information re. the upgrade to TrainController 10
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:58 am 
Railroad & Co.

Hello, everyone,

In the past, more serious disputes with users almost exclusively arose from the fact that a USB stick was used to activate TrainController. As is well known, since this summer we have gradually switched to no longer selling any licenses that are activated via USB stick.

Now, in the course of purchasing an upgrade to TrainController 10, the previous USB stick has to be invalidated or sent back to us. In this way, the USB stick is still involved in the contract processing of an upgrade to TrainController 10. We would also like to free ourselves from this in the long term.

We will therefore from April 01, 2023 refrain from invalidating the USB stick or sending it back to us in the course of purchasing an upgrade to TrainController 10.

However, this also has a price. In return, we are unfortunately forced to significantly increase the prices for upgrades to TrainController 10 from the above-mentioned date. For example, when purchasing an upgrade from TrainController 9 Gold to TrainController 10 Gold, about 80% of the price of the full version is credited to the old version. This upgrade costs 132 EUR today; the full version 611 EUR (prices for the EU - as of October 15, 2022). In the future, a maximum of 50% of the price of the full version will be credited when upgrading. The price of the upgrade from TrainController 9 Gold to TrainController 10 Gold will increase to more than 300 EUR from the above date. The previously used USB stick for the old version of TrainController remains in your possession.

Post subject: Re: Important information re. the upgrade to TrainController 10
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:53 am 
Railroad & Co.

With the following FAQ we want to answer the most important questions related to the upgrade to TrainController 10 from the date mentioned in the previous article.

:?: What is the background of this change?
:arrow: Because of the hassle involved, we are gradually ending the handling of USB sticks. You can find more background information here.

:?: Are products other than TrainController also affected by this change?
:arrow: No, this change affects only TrainController.

:?: I don't have a license for TrainController yet, but I would like to purchase a full version. Am I affected by this change?
:arrow: No, this change only affects the purchase of Upgrades for TrainController from the above-mentioned date.

:?: I already have a license for TrainController 10 Bronze, but would like to switch to TrainController 10 Gold. Am I affected by this change?
:arrow: No, this change affects only the upgrade from an earlier version of TrainController.

:?: What difference does it make if I upgrade TrainController before or after the deadline?
:arrow: Before the deadline, you must invalidate your previous USB stick or send it back to us. After the deadline, the upgrade is more expensive.

:?: How exactly do the upgrade prices change?
:arrow: The new prices have not yet been finalized for all upgrade variants and delivery countries. However, assume that, for example, when upgrading from TrainController 9 to TrainController 10, the price will be at least 50% of the price of the full version. The full version of TrainController 10 Gold is currently 611 EUR. The price of this upgrade will therefore increase from the current 132 EUR to more than 300 EUR from the above-mentioned date (prices for the EU - as of October 15, 2022).

:?: Can I still purchase an upgrade at a lower price after the deadline if I offer to invalidate or return the stick in return?
:arrow: No, that's not possible. From the effective date, the previously applicable upgrade prices definitely and irrevocably become invalid. So if you still want to benefit from the cheaper upgrade prices, you should purchase the upgrade before the deadline. And tell your friends about this too.

:?: Can't I purchase the upgrade before the deadline at a lower price and then simply not invalidate or return the stick right away, but wait until the deadline to be able to keep the functioning stick afterwards?
:arrow: This question has also been asked in all seriousness. No, that is not possible either. If you purchase an upgrade before the deadline at a lower price, the stick must be invalidated or returned to us in order for the activation to work. It doesn't matter when this is done. So you can't save money and play for time.

:?: If I purchase an upgrade after the above deadline and do not invalidate the USB stick or have to send it back, which versions of TrainController can I unlock with the USB stick afterwards?
:arrow: As long as the stick is still working, you can still use it to unlock the version you were previously using.

:?: Can I unlock TrainController 10 with the USB stick I kept?
:arrow: No, TrainController 10 is generally only activated via the Internet. You can find more information here.

:?: What happens if, after purchasing an upgrade to TrainController 10, the USB stick I kept becomes defective or gets lost?
:arrow: Then there is no replacement for it! During the upgrade, your previous license for the older version of TrainController will be upgraded to a license for TrainController 10. You give the license for the previous version in payment. And that includes the USB stick. However, we do not require you to hand over the stick to us. You can continue to use it for your own needs as long as the stick works.

:?: After switching to TrainController 10, can I sell or otherwise pass on the USB stick I have kept if I no longer need it?
:arrow: Of course not! This would be a violation of the regulations for upgrades in our license conditions or our Terms & Conditions).

:?: After switching to TrainController 10, may I also destroy and dispose the USB stick I have kept if I no longer need it?
:arrow: Yes, you may.

:?: I don't like this change. Can't everything stay the way it was?
:arrow: Unfortunately, leaving everything as it was is just unrealistic wishful thinking. Please also read this background information again . This change is still much better than simply closing our company. Don't you think so?

Please note that the above content is intended solely to satisfy your information needs. In particular, they are not legally binding. You will find legally binding information in our terms and conditions, the price information in our shop and the license conditions, which are attached to the individual products.

Post subject: Re: Important information re. the upgrade to TrainController 10
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:43 pm 
Railroad & Co.

Hello, everyone,

:!: Attention: The deadline has been moved to April 1, 2023 ! :!:

Until then, the current prices and conditions will continue to apply.

[ 3 posts ]