Board index » English Forums » Announcement & Information  » ! New Version 10 !

[ 5 posts ]
Author
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:10 pm 
Railroad & Co.

New Version 10

Dear Railroaders,

it's time !!

After several years of development, the new Version 10 of all Railroad & Co. programs has been released on September 15, 2022 . Licenses are available in our :arrow: shop.

:arrow: New Functions
:arrow: Start of Sales and Release
:arrow: Upgrades

At this point I would like to thank the beta testers for their energetic, valuable and unselfish help. Without your support, this extensive and demanding project would not have been possible. With many tips you have also contributed to the improvement of the products in many places. Many users will benefit from this. Thanks again for that.

Post subject: The new Functions of Version 10
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:10 pm 
Railroad & Co.

The new Functions of Version 10:

In the center of all improvements stands - how could it be otherwise - our flagship: TrainController™ Gold.

In addition to future orientation and a revision of the user interface, we have concentrated on many new functions in version 10, which make model railroad operation even more interesting, varied and realistic. Especially for less experienced users. Driving trains from A to B was yesterday. Other programs can do that too. What comes next? Let yourself be surprised!

The following highlights are singled out:

All Programs:

:arrow: Further modernized user interface.

:arrow: New optional designs for the user interface.

:arrow: All functions of the extension +Hardware™ version 9 are included in the core products.

:arrow: Future security: All programs are also available as 64-bit variants. How far we have already thought in terms of future security is shown by the fact that version 10 has already taken into account the "Year 2038 problem" (for 32 bit, too).

TrainController™ - All Editions:

:arrow: Block Wizard:
With the new block wizard, setting up a block with contact indicators and markers can be done in no time at all. With a click of the mouse you can choose from different equipment variants (optionally with 1-3 permanent contacts in a block, with 1-3 momentary contacts, for one- or two-way operation, etc.).

:arrow: Back: AutoTrain as in version 8:
Many users liked AutoTrain via drag and drop better in version 8 than in version 9. For many others it was the other way around. In version 10 both modes can be used alternatively.

:arrow: Activation via Internet:
For more information, see here.

TrainController™ Gold:

:arrow: Individual start delay per locomotive:
In addition to the start delay in schedules that apply at the beginning of a schedule or after stops, an individual start delay can be specified for each locomotive. This delay takes effect every time before the loco is set in motion. It can be used, for example, to play an individual starting sound with a different length for each locomotive.

:arrow: Improved start-up behavior for locomotives with sound decoders:
With many sound decoders, a low speed step at standstill does not cause the locomotive to start immediately. Instead, a sound is first played when the locomotive is still stationary. This is now supported by the fact that TrainController™ can specifically send the low speed steps to play the sound when starting a locomotive.

:arrow: Minimum acceleration time:
With this function, light and powerful trains (e.g. locomotives without cars) no longer accelerate too quickly. The function simulates a train driver who sensitively and slowly accelerates a light train without wasting energy unnecessarily; who, however, cranks the controller to the max when a heavy train needs to be started as quickly as possible.

:arrow: Locomotive operations:
Locomotive operations can be performed automatically whenever a train starts, stops, changes direction, slows down to threshold speed or when the start delay begins in a schedule. This means, for example, that brake noises can be played back in a targeted and simple manner in both manual and automatic mode, without having to set up complex logics in the software.

:arrow: Variables and Formulas:
In many important options and almost all rules of train schedules, the value can be set with a formula containing variables instead of a fixed value.

:arrow: Facilities:
Last but not least: facilities are the highlight of version 10. They are the reason why we say from version 10: driving trains from A to B was yesterday. Other programs can do that too. With facilities, however, standard tasks such as the control of single-track sections, stations or sidings, but also complex processes in hidden yards, automatic changing of locomotives, hump yard, pushing operation at gradients, paternoster and much more can now be accomplished also by less experienced users much faster and more easily than with the basic functions and their complex combination in a conventional model railroad program. Altogether, TrainController™ 10 Gold contains more than 15 different types of facilities for various control tasks and maneuvers, e.g. for:
x
  • Single-track lines
  • One-Way operation
  • Speed restriction sections
  • Tunnels with automatic switching on and off of functions when entering or exiting
  • Selection of paths in branches according to obstacles, priorities, use, train length, etc.
  • Selection of exit tracks (e.g. in train stations) according to train or track priorities, train length, etc.
  • Sidings where, for example, passenger trains should have priority when crossing or overtaking freight trains
  • Flow control for controlling the utilization of sections of the model railroad layout
  • Shunting areas for the automatic compilation of train sets
  • Line up areas for easy lining up and moving up of trains - also in dead end tracks
  • Run-round loops for the automatic transfer of locomotives to the other end of an incoming train
  • Engine change for the automatic changing of locomotives - also in dead end tracks and with integration of engine sheds
  • Helper operation at steep grades
  • Hump yards with distribution and monitoring of the rolling wagons
  • Hidden Yards with endless possibilities (there is not enough space here to describe all of them)
  • Engine sheds with optional integration of turntables, 360° presentation on the steam days, etc.
  • Control of display cases, paternosters, train lifts and fiddle yards
x
Again, these aren't just things that can be done with the software. Other programs partially offer this as well. Rather, these are things for which there are now ready-made modules in the software that you only have to adapt to your needs but no longer have to assemble from scratch. This is now also possible for less experienced users and no longer only an issue for experts.

:arrow: Other innovations:
In addition, there are numerous other new functions, improvements and optimizations. However, for reasons of space, these cannot be presented in full here.

Hardware:

:arrow: Support of other systems and devices:
We didn't forget this in version 10 either. However, we will cover this topic in a future expansion.

+Cargo™:

:arrow: Production, consumption and transport of freight:
Of course, trains will continue to run from A to B. But if they do that, it shouldn't happen for no reason, but because there are things that are loaded in A, transported to B and unloaded there. These things to be transported are provided by +Cargo™. +Cargo™ is an optional add-on module that can be integrated into any edition of TrainController™. +Cargo™ simulates the production, consumption and storage of freight in so-called loading points - another type of facility (see above). You are responsible for the timely rail transport of the freight between the loading points. Also for providing the appropriate trains for the transport. Various options are available to make the cycle of freight realistic and interesting. There is not enough space available here to even hint at the many possibilities. It is therefore recommended to study the Users Guide of +Cargo™.

Post subject: Start of Sales and Release
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:11 pm 
Railroad & Co.

Start of Sales and Release:

The following FAQ answer all your questions related to the sale and release of the new version 10.

:?: When is the release of version 10?
The general release of version 10 was done at September 15, 2022.

:?: When can I purchase licenses for version 10?
From September 15, 2022.

:arrow: I just wanted to purchase version 9 of a program. Now version 10 is available. I would like to purchase the software but I would like to continue with version 9 for the time being. Is this possible?
Of course this is possible! In our :arrow: shop we sell only licenses for version 10. However, with the license codes you can also unlock the latest release of version 9, if you want to use it for the time being.

:?: Do you also offer upgrades for the change from previous versions?
Of course! All questions relating to upgrades are treated in separate :arrow: FAQ.

:?: Do the answers to the above questions also apply to upgrades?
Yes. Moreover, there are specific :arrow: FAQ for upgrades.

Post subject: Upgrades
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:11 pm 
Railroad & Co.

Upgrades:

The following FAQ answer all your questions related to upgrade to the new version 10.

:?: Is the change to the new version 10 free of charge?
This depends on the product. For TrainController and TrainProgrammer the change is not free. For other products the change is free. For these products the license key that you used for previous versions, is also valid for version 10.

:?: Are there reduced upgrade prices for TrainController 10 and TrainProgrammer 10?
Yes, there are. They depend on from which edition or version to which edition or version you want to upgrade. Exact prices are published in our :arrow: shop. Please also note the already announced changes to the upgrade prices :arrow: in this article.

:?: I have bought TrainController 9 or TrainProgrammer 9 recently. Do I now have to pay the regular price for the upgrade to version 10?
Users who bought TrainController or TrainProgrammer 9 recently, i.e. from April 1, 2022, can purchase the upgrade to version 10 at a special price until December 31, 2022. More information can be found :arrow: in the following article.

:?: Who is covered by the upgrade prices?
The upgrade prices apply to all users who have purchased their previous license directly from us or from an authorized reseller.

:?: I purchased my current license used from another user. Can I get a discounted upgrade to the new version 9?
Unfortunately, no. The upgrade pricing is designed to honor a certain loyalty of our customers. Since you have chosen not to be our customer of this product, you cannot benefit from the upgrade.

:?: I purchased my original full version from another user, but then I bought an upgrade from Freiwald Software. Can I now get an upgrade to the new version 10?
Yes. For permission to upgrade only the recently acquired license for the product prevails. It is not required, that this was a full version, it may also have been an upgrade.

:?: Can I tell myself if I am eligible for an upgrade?
Check the name that is displayed in the information box in the Help menu of the previously used version of the program. If your name, the name of your club or your company is displayed here, then you, your club or your company is eligible for the upgrade.

:?: In this dialog the name of another person is displayed. Now what?
Before purchasing an upgrade, you should contact us. We then clarify for you if you can get an upgrade or not.

:?: How do I order an upgrade?
Follow the steps outlined :arrow: here.

Please note that the above contents are solely intended to satisfy your need for information. They are in particular not legally binding. Legally binding information is available in our terms & conditions, the price lists in our shop and the license conditions that are attached to each product.

Post subject: Re: Upgrades
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:05 am 
Railroad & Co.

Upgrades at a special price for recently purchased licenses:

[Attention: The goodwill offer presented below ended irrevocably on December 31, 2022. The presentation is only for subsequent information. Please refrain from further inquiries about this offer.]

Users, who bought TrainController 9 or TrainProgrammer 9 recently, i.e. from April 1, 2022, can purchase an upgrade to version 10 until December 31, 2022 at a special price as a gesture of goodwill and without any legal obligation on our part. This price is approximately the price difference between the two versions, possibly plus a small processing fee. Note, however, that the upgrade must be ordered until December 31, 2022. Thereafter, the normal upgrade price to upgrade from version 9 to version 10 applies for these users, too.

The following FAQ answer all your questions related to this special price.

:?: I purchased after April, 2022, no full version, but an upgrade to TrainController 9 or TrainProgrammer 9. Is the special price mentioned above valid for me, too?
The special price is also valid in this case.

:?: I bought TrainController 9 or TrainProgrammer 9 unfortunately shortly before April 1, 2022. Does the above mentioned special price really not apply for me?
Unfortunately this is a common problem of such deadlines. No matter when it is set, in every case there are people, who made their purchase just before the deadline. But it may be, that our system gives those users who bought TrainController or TrainProgrammer 9 "immediately before" April 1, 2022, the special price, too, without incurring a legal claim. You can test yourself, whether this applies for you, by initiating a trial order.

:?: How do I order an upgrade, if I can benefit from the special price described above?
Follow the steps outlined :arrow: here, too. If applicable, the system automatically applies the special price instead of the regular upgrade price.

:?: What is the exact amount of the special price?
The special price depends on several individual factors. It can not be specified universally in advance. This special price is approximately the price difference between the two versions, possibly plus a small processing fee. You can easily find out the upgrade price for your existing license. If you follow :arrow: these instructions, the upgrade will be added to the shopping cart and the amount to be paid for the upgrade will be displayed. No problem if you do not want to order the upgrade anyway. Just delete the upgrade from your shopping cart or simply do not complete the order until the end.

:?: Can I get further information and assistance for the special price?
The special price was calculated as attractive as possible. It covers the price difference between the versions as well as the expense of issuing and billing a license valid for version 10. Please understand that we can not answer any direct questions for this special price for cost reasons. All you need to know is provided here. If this information is still not sufficient for you, just wait until 2023 and then order the upgrade as usually in :arrow: our shop at the listed regular price.

Please note that the above contents are solely intended to satisfy your need for information. They are in particular not legally binding. Legally binding information is available in our terms & conditions, the price lists in our shop and the license conditions that are attached to each product.

[ 5 posts ]