is an additional software module, that can be added to
+4DSound™ adds realistic and spatial sound effects to the operation
of your model railroad. Why 4D? Sound effects are not only played at the according locations in the regular three
dimensional space of your train room but also affected by timing, train speed, attenuation and other factors.
+4DSound™ uses a series of stationary speakers placed around the
layout to re-create the sound of trains traveling along the track.
It does not require installation of onboard sound decoders into each particular locomotive.
The diagram shows the structural principle and the hardware components of model railroad computer control with
The system utilises the train tracking features of
to determine the location of each train,
then blends the train sounds among the stationary speakers, allowing the sound to follow the train's movement.
The advantage of +4DSound™ is the ability to use larger and better speakers
under the layout, providing better bass response and much more realistic sound than onboard speakers alone can
produce. +4DSound™ can be combined with any digital system and it can be used
by itself or in conjunction with an onboard sound system.
Stationary sounds can be programmed into the software, too, such as industrial sounds, waterfalls, animals and other nature sounds, and grade-crossing bells.
A surround sound system (e.g. 5.1 or 7.1) is required to make spatial sound effects audible.
The use of mono and stereo speakers is possible, too.
But this will result in replay of regular mono and stereo sound without any spatial or surround sound effect.
+4DSound™ can also be combined with
+Net™, the network extension of
TrainController™, for example to run model railroad
control and sound replay on separate computers, if desired. This is especially useful,
if you are looking for a useful application for a spare computer.
For further information about +Net™ refer to the
+Net™ Manual, please.
Even though +4DSound™ offers so many possibilities you will find,
that setup of +4DSound™ in the software is amazingly simple.
Learn more about +4DSound™ by reading its manual.
Download +4DSound™ from here and
try it free of charge.
+4DSound™ Product Characteristics
- Playback of prototypical engine sound for all kinds of locomotives, such as 2-, 3- or 4-cylinder steam engines,
diesel engines, electric engines.
- Multi Train support. The sound of several trains can be played simultaneously.
- Multi channel sound support allows for complex sound effects - e.g.:
channel 1: primary steam engine sound;
channel 2: secondary steam engine sound;
channel 3 to channel 5: multiple ambient sound
channel 6+: sound events (water pump, whistle, valves, bell, coal shoveling etc.)
- Chuffs and motor sounds are synchronized to the motion of the locomotive and vary in pitch,
volume and revolution.
- Event sounds are played on motion changes, on demand, triggered by function keys, scattered or looped.
- Well suited for all manually and automatically controlled model railroad layouts.
- Smooth integration into the operation and train tracking features of
- Stationary sounds reproduce local sounds of industries, farms, traffic, nature, weather, etc.